· 1. You improve your concentration.
- We live in a hectic world these days. Our concentration is often incredibly split between work, home, electronics, and other stimuli. When you sit down and focus on one thing, like colouring, it improves your ability to focus elsewhere.
· 2. You unleash your inner creativity.
- Colouring inside or outside the lines does wonders to unleash your inner creativity. Adults who colour are more likely to approach problems more creatively and find better solutions.
· 3. Your brain treats it like meditation.
- When you colour, the same things happen inside of your brain as when you meditate.
· 4. You can chill out anywhere any time.
- Bored on a plane? Colour. Feeling stressed at work? Colour (on your break). Nothing to do at home? Colour. It’s awesome. You can do it wherever.
· 5. You improve your motor skills.
- All that colouring inside of the lines improves hand-eye coordination and your overall motor skills.
· 6. You release negative thoughts.
- It’s like with meditation. When you colour, you focus on what you’re doing and you just sort of naturally release a lot of tension and negative thinking.
· 7. You’ll decrease your anxiety and stress.
- Coloring is the ultimate anxiety and stress relief. Spending a half hour coloring does wonders.
- Works by Pat, Marine and Noelle from the Art and Well-Being Group in Foster.
Art by Noelle.